8 Tips for Fall Holiday Decorating
- Dress up your front porch with fall inspiration: Use tall corn stalks or straw to wrap around entry porch columns and mailboxes and use contrasting deep oranges and brown ribbons with the straw. Use the same materials around your front door and entry. You can even add an autumn wreath to your front door that ties to the front porch theme.
- Light up the night: Luminaries are perfect for fall since the sun starts to set earlier in the afternoon. Battery powered candles placed inside paper bags with sand in the bottom make perfect luminaries.
- Fall themes/colors in artwork: Look into nature themes with fall colors in oranges, rusts, and golden yellows. For more abstract art, oil paintings with browns, reds, and burnt umber will make a statement.
- Cozy sitting areas: As temperatures drop, pull out fall colored blankets for couches or to place in baskets. You can even create a cozy nook for you to cuddle up with a cup of cider and a good book.
- Alternate accessories each room: Add fall colors to all the rooms in your house by changing throw pillows, blankets, area rugs, and bath linen to fall colors that blend with your décor. You can even try a grouping of small pumpkins on a counter top to add color and fall flair.
- Dress the windows: With the cooler temperatures settling in, change out the lighter fabrics for thicker and heavier ones. Deep colors and the heavier fabrics will and warmth by feel and by keeping the room more insulated.
- Don’t just see it; smell it: Fall is partially about the visually stunning colors, but many times fall involves scents. If you don’t have time to bake a pumpkin pie or make apple cider, consider using candles or incense.
- Fall activities with family: The fall is a great time to celebrate homecomings for school sports or pick apples in orchards! Enjoy the outdoors before it’s too cold!
If you want a new look for your home for the fall, Wanda S Morgan Designs can help you redecorate your home for your fall decorations. And remember it is never too early to retain us for your SC holiday decorating and event planning.