Color of the Year for 2014, Radiant Orchid, and 5 Tips to Use It
As most of you know by now, Radiant Orchid, a shade of purple with fuchsia and pink undertones, was announced as the 2014 Color of the Year by Pantone, the leading authority on the hues used in paint, fabrics and manufacturing.
Pantone has said that the versatility of the shade – livened up with yellows and oranges, complementing blues, turquoise, and teal, brightening up neutral shades – makes this the perfect choice for this year’s color.
So how can you add Radiant Orchid to your interior design? Here are some real life tips on how to use the new color of the year.
- Bring a focal wall to life – It you have some very plain black and white or neutral art gallery wall, you can add a coat of paint to make the artwork really pop.
- Brighten up a table setting – Add a new spin to your table with this color by looking for flowers that are close in hue. You can even add them to your more yellow and orange bouquets too.
- Add a splash of color – To your more neutral rooms with a throw pillow, chair, or a painting featuring the hues.
- Make a trinket Stand out – Just want a tiny bit of this color? Try spray painting a kitschy trinket and placing it among some of your other accessories.
- Boldly Go – Create a space where you use Radiant Orchid as the main color, then use other shades or complementary colors to give the room a bold look.
Want some more tips or a whole new look using Radiant Orchid? Call Wanda S. Morgan to set up an appointment so we can help you with some options on creating a new space with an interior design just for you.